best practices for managing sessions

g_r_a_robinson

Regular
I have built a intranet site based on the three tier architecture (Based on the duwamish 7 enterprise sample).

At the moment a lot of users log on and will be doing very similar if not identical work. IE will be accessing/modifying potentially the same records from the db.

At the moment I have no uniform way of giving each logged on user a session that allows them to have there own set of data containers during their session. What I am doing is giving users sessions for the time they need to access something then removing that session var for that id when they move to another page. Problem with this is, is that I can't control and manage my app very well in one place. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to do this better.

I'm thinking of somehow having a dataset within a session that contains all of the different containers for each of the different id's they will be required to work and update. The session could be in a pageBase the every page inherits from.

Also I could have one place where all sessions are contained and I would know where to go to get rid of them.

But I'm not quite sure how to start.

Back