Begin Mobile Web Application in studio 2005

VBAHole22

Contributor
I am trying to build a website that will be viewed by pdas.

in the ms help it says that to create a new asp.net mobile web application you go to the Add>NewProject menu and then you select ProjectTypes>C#>Templates>Mobile Web Application.

I don't have that tab. I have a Smart Device tab but there is no mobile web listing. It seems like everything in there is for building win apps that will run on the pda. All I want to do is develop a website on my desktop that will look good on the pda. I would like to use all of the mobile web controls but I can't get out of the box and even start.
I built a regular asp.net website but there are no mobile controls in the toolbox.
Am I missing something here? I have vs05 pro and I figured it would be in there but I must be doing something wrong here. I also tried File>New website but there is nothing mobile specific there either.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I don't have vs2005, but I can tell you that those instructions were obviously meant for vs2003, because they worked fine on my system. I know this doesn't help you much, but I thought I'd let you know that the instuctions were at least valid for one version of vs.

What I found was that the making of the website is just like a regular website. It is when you go to add new items that you can select a mobile web form. So I guess you can keep it all under one site that way. The docs are confusing.

Back