AXwebBrowser and Open/Save dialog

Pselus

Freshman
Ok, I'm having an issue.
My companies program uses the AXwebBrowser to display product information. The information can come in the form of a webpage, a PDF document, info from SQL or a Word document. All of these work, even the word document...however when the word document tries to display I get the Open/Save/Cancel dialog box. I want to suppress this box.
Now, from what I've found out...this is not typically a problem of Windows forms...this is a problem mixing Windows Forms, computer settings and webpage control...
Anyone got any leads? I've looked all over the internet for this and can only find the question...not the answers.

Pselus said:
Ok, I'm having an issue.
My companies program uses the AXwebBrowser to display product information. The information can come in the form of a webpage, a PDF document, info from SQL or a Word document. All of these work, even the word document...however when the word document tries to display I get the Open/Save/Cancel dialog box. I want to suppress this box.
Now, from what I've found out...this is not typically a problem of Windows forms...this is a problem mixing Windows Forms, computer settings and webpage control...
Anyone got any leads? I've looked all over the internet for this and can only find the question...not the answers.
I think this is a matter of security settings, isn't it? The AxWebBrowser wraps up shdocvw.dll and because the word document is activex content, you get this message. I could be wrong as to the exact nature of the url that triggers the message, but this is the source.

Back