Automated compilations

Rajaat

Newcomer
I would like to automate compilation of a number of solutions I have. Each solution contains a number of projects. Ideally I would like to be able to compile all those solutions in an order I specify late at night when the computer is not in use. I'm trying to set up daily builds. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it? If I could some how compile the solutions via command line then I know I could easily add a scheduled task to compile them when I want to. Thanks!

--Rajaat

Thanks, but I needed find a way to automatically build preexisting Visual Studio .NET solutions (*.sln files). I did some digging and devenv.com, a tool provided by Visual Studio .NET, will build my *.sln solution files. I just created a *.cmd batch file to loop through all the solution files and scheduled it with Windows Task Scheduler. Thanks again!

devenv.com will build all the C++ projects in those solutions. I also have a number of VB and C# projects, but those are not built. Although this has not fixed everything I am building 34 projects out of about 40. Not bad! Any suggestions on how to cover those VB and C# projects would be appreciated.

Back