AudioVideoPlayback... simple application... should work!

Vodzurk

Newcomer
Hi Guys,

I'm quite screwed (bye bye job) if I can't get this to work...

What I'm trying to do... render a video into a Direct3D fullscreen window via a texture.

The approach I have taken is to use AudioVideoPlayback.

For reasons unknown, all my attempts crash after 5-500secs. There is also a symptom of the dx window occasionaly flickering.

I've attached the full visual studio project for the skeleton attempt.

The Error message reads:-
An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Error in the application.

And in the error message dropdown bit (typed, since its on another machine and i can't be bothered transfering):-

*********** Exception Text *************
Error in the application -2146232832 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT * sourceRectangle, tagRECT * destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
at dx02.Form.do_Render() in c:\... *snip*
at dx02.Form.Form1.Form1_Paint( Object sender, PaintEventArgs e) in c:\... *snip*

Please don't just reply with "Use Windows Media Player Control", I quite simply don't understand the integration of managed directx9 and wmp, plus, this seems a fraction away from actually working... grrrr.

Help!!!! Please!!!

*tempted to throw bribery in* (So who wants some beer posting?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back