Assemblies

TookiTooki

Newcomer
Hey Guys&Gals,

I have written some classes in C# (language ain't important). Filled in the AssemblyInfo.cs, added a key, etc.
Then I compiled it, and found the .dll-file in the 'release'-folder.
The next thing I did was Adding the Assembly to the Global Assembly Cache. Everything worked fine.
When adding a reference in a new program, I'm able to call the assembly and work with the included classes.

But now I want to UNINSTALL the assembly from the GAC. I tried using the .net configuration-panel. But he says: can not remove...
Then I use the GACUTIL -tool. This one says: unable to uninstall, assembly is required by one or more apps .
Here comes the part i don't understand: pending references: scheme: <windows_installer> id:<msi> description: <windows installer>

But i didn't use the windows installer!

Any help?:confused:

Thnx

I didn't use the GAC for my own assemblys yet - but have you tried to remove your assembly AFTER a reboot? maybe it was still loaded somewhere because you ran a programm that uses it.... if this doesn't helps - sorry no further ideas.... ;-)

Andreas

thnx 4 the suggestion, Andreas. but it didn't work...
maybe there's still a program that's using the assembly, but that would be strange.
it's still talking about the windows installer...

thnx anyway,
Greetz,

Tooki

Hi,

i will solve your problem, first step try:

remove your .exe file of the application using the target.dll
then :
gacutil /u target.dll

dont forget:
if there is another assembly that use for example target.dll,
you can't remove target.dll from the GAC, til you uninstall first all the othes that inherit it

Back