ASP Noob - Part II

EFileTahi-A

Contributor
I have setup the IIS on my computer and downloaded the web page which is in need of being changed to the "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\page_name" path as described in www.w3schools.com site. The problem is when I try to run locally the web page I downloaded. It gives me the following error:

# Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E37)
The Microsoft Jet data base engine could not find objecto 'Mnrdays'. Please verify if the object exists and if the associated name and path were typed correctly.
/Page_name/aspstats/count.asp, line 27

# Page:
GET /Page_name/default.asp

the count.asp describes the following:

Code:
<%
MM_counter_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("direscrita/acessos.mdb")
%>
<%
Session.LCID = 2070
Session.CodePage = 1252

Dim Con
Dim Con_numRows
Dim RS

Set Con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Con.Open MM_counter_STRING

Con_numRows = 0
%>
<%
Dim usersettings
Dim usersettings_numRows

Set usersettings = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
usersettings.ActiveConnection = MM_counter_STRING
usersettings.Source = "SELECT * FROM senderinformation"
usersettings.CursorType = 0
usersettings.CursorLocation = 2
usersettings.LockType = 1
//**************************************************
usersettings.Open() // line 27
//**************************************************

Ok, I can clearly see that it stops when trying to open the usersettings object. Now, my question is: Why is this giving an error locally and not remotely? (Maybe it is just a path issue)

Remember, am truly noob on web-coding so, I don't know if am being explicit or not.

Also, Is there anything else I should know about it when running a page locally?

SN:A im using Notpad at the moment for asp coding (my jobs .NET package have not arrived yet) so, any .NET suggestion is at the moment useless for me... (at least for now)

Last edited:
I would change the ASP 3.0 code to ASP.NET code and the ADO code to ADO.NET code, you'll save time in the long run. But to answer you question, ASP 3.0 is filled with include files...so it's more than likely something in one of those include files is path specific as you said or something along those lines. You need to trace back to where 'Mnrdays' is coming from, and also make sure you copy of the access database matches what is on the site that you got this code from.

Back