ASP.net State Server Problem

kahlua001

Contributor
I have a windows 2003 server, IIS 6. I had .net 1.1 installed, my apps were using asp.net state server service, everything was fine. Then I had to installed .net 1.0 for this 3rd party application that required it. When I installed it alongside .net 1.1, my web apps were unable to connect to the State Server service(Unable to connect to state server error), I checked my app mappings in IIS and it says its using .net 1.1, in any case i went ahead and uninstalled .net 1.0 and i still get that error. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Is the service running on your PC? If not try running aspnet_regiis /i on your pc and see if that fixes anything.
You should be able to run both versions of the framework side by side though

Well, I can get both to work side by side as my web app is using 1.1, however ever since I installed 1.0, I cannot use the asp.net State server service, I can only use it InProc, any clues?

Ok, so I checked the Event Log for when I try to use the state service and I get this error:

State server starts listening with 6 listeners.

I havent found anything on msdn or google regarding this, anybody seen this before?

Back