ASP.net Page Events - baking noodles!

itagraham

Newcomer
When an event is executed (e.g. command button) and the code behind begins to be carried out; how can I stop the user from clicking a second time cancelling the process?

Is there code to say, if in midst of an event and a new event is triggered either, put it into a queue or ignore it?

Another answer I was toying with was to immediately disable the buttons and on page load executing the specific module relating to the original intended event.

Would this be advisable or am I running into problems? If anyone could add comment I would be greatful.

Many thanks

itagraham said:
When an event is executed (e.g. command button) and the code behind begins to be carried out; how can I stop the user from clicking a second time cancelling the process?

Is there code to say, if in midst of an event and a new event is triggered either, put it into a queue or ignore it?

Another answer I was toying with was to immediately disable the buttons and on page load executing the specific module relating to the original intended event.

Would this be advisable or am I running into problems? If anyone could add comment I would be greatful.

Many thanks
The answer lies in the Javascript my friend. Just disable the button on the OnClick client event. That's it. But if you are looking for a server-way to just accept only one request, you need a flag.

Back