asp.net layers or user controls?

inzo21

Regular
Hello Everyone!

Okay, after the last post I had I discovered that frames are not supported in .Net. So, the next question is what the best solution is to overcome the predicament I am in.

Again, I need to have a web site that functions as an html frame would - where when a link is one from is clicked, it shows the html page in another page rather than redirecting the entire page altogether. In researching how to do this, I came across a couple of options.

1. Use "logical forms" in one page where I can script the html into a group of input controls and then choose the control that is visible when the link is clicked.

2. User layers in .Net to simulate the same effect. (Not quite sure how to do this yet!)

3. Write a custom user control that has its own script and can post back to the main page or itself. (Still fuzzy on this!)

So, I was wondering how the pro's, namely you guys, would go about doing this. I'm more versatile in Windows Forms then ASP so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a great day,

inzo

thanks

thank you! I used some custom controls - although I found the article very informing and will be experimenting with it this week.

inzo

You can use an IFrame as an HTML server control also, if you ewant a scrolling region within your form instead of it all loading as a single page. Obviously, beware any browsers that don't support this on the client, though...

To add it you need to go to the HTML portion of the form and add it to HTML. Then you can move it and size it.

Back