ASP.NET and Socket programming.

mike55

Contributor
Hi all,

Is it possible to write an ASP.NET application to monitor and reponds to data packets received in to a particular port????

Mike55

Rick_Fla said:
What are you trying to do? I would think you could create a service that runs on the Web Server that could handle that type of thing?

Ok, heres what I would like to try... I receive a data packet from a client to my web server. I want to monitor the port that the data packet comes in so that when the data packet is received, I can open it and extract the information and then respond to it in the appropriate manner. I have managed to create a simple TCPServer and a TCPClient. The TCP Server listens to a particular port and prints out any message that it receives from the TCPClient. Now the above method works for ports that are not already occupied. I expect that the data packets will arrive in at port 80, so my TCPServer will not work as IIS already occupies that port.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to overcome this problem, or is there a different approach that I can take.

Mike55

Back