ASP.NET and Firefox

PROKA

Junior Contributor
I work in Visual Studio .NET. I preview the page with Internet Explorer and everything looks ok. But I am a Firefox fan and when I preview the page in Firefox, everything related to asp.net controls looks different. Image buttons and Image boxes don't even show... textboxes, checkboxes etc , they look different.
Any ideea on how to resolve this ?

What I know is that I should chose a Target Schema of HTML 4.0, but it's not in the list from the page properties :(

Pls :( Any sugestions are welcome

Last edited:
PROKA said:
I work in Visual Studio .NET. I preview the page with Internet Explorer and everything looks ok. But I am a Firefox fan and when I preview the page in Firefox, everything related to asp.net controls looks different. Image buttons and Image boxes don't even show... textboxes, checkboxes etc , they look different.
Any ideea on how to resolve this ?

You will not able to get the same experience on different browsers.
This is the starting point.

ASP.Net require javascript enabled.
Does your FF has it?

Use CSS: they can give a better control on the aspect of your pages.

For the ImageButtons I don't know: I use them with FF and they works well.
They just doesn't show the tooltip, but this is an ASP.net + IE bug that do not use a completely standard HTML for images, and not a FF bug as it could seem.

I found the sollution , I just got a link from someone http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread660.html
I just had to add that <browsercaps> in the WebConfig.

Still they look different ( as you said ... not the 'same experience on different browsers' ) but .. they look much more alike now ... The tables and everything ... but still the image buttons don't wanna show themselves :(

I use the same browser caps, but still it doesn't work, I Can't view the image buttons in Firefox . YOU CAN ?

I AM GOING CRAZY HERE, PLS, No One Bumped into this problem ?

Last edited:
do u mean..for example, the textbox size looks different?..

If so, have u tried using CSS?

At my other job, i was developing an asp.net app. It looked fine in IE but not in Mozilla. When I started using CSS...the textboxes, button sizes started looking fine.

Back