ASP.NET 2.0 code behind quesiton

bri189a

Senior Contributor
Okay, despite what Microsoft wants me to believe, I know there has to be some 'auto generated' code somewhere...the other half of these 'partial classes'... where are they?

Then how does it wire up events....

You use to have in the auto-generated:

this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load)

Or if you let the system wire up any new events through the IDE something similiar, I'm not see that code now and I know it must be somewhere, well that is if I could figure out even how to add a Page_Init, or Page_PreRender...from the properties windows the only objects I have is Document (which of coarse has no Events), and object I drug onto the page...

Also why can't I put my SqlDataSource in the component designer...why in the world would I want it cluttering up my design view? Now I have to look at things in a browser window so I can see how it will accurately display, up until now the layout in the designer was almost the same as that as in Browser...at least IE version.

Thanks PD for you help...if you know the answer to the above, let me know.

Okay I found out that the component designer is where I can wire up page events...but still I'd like to know about why my object that's are going to be displayed, ever, at run time, like SQL data source, aren't on the component designer.

I also find it interesting that if you wire up anything outside of Page_Load for a page it creates the old standard IntializeComponent function...and then you have to re-wire your Page_Load event and it will now show up in there, but if you leave the page as it originally was (with no InitializeComponent function, and no visible code to wire up the Page_Load event) the Page_Load function still gets called. So apparently they are determining if InitializeComponent is preset (reflection?) then calling that...and same with Page_Load?

I can honestly say I don't like this model, I'll live with since I don't have much choice, but it's not as intuitive as the current version.

Back