ASP in mobile devices

phreaky

Regular
I'm starting Web Design for mobile devices, in fact I'm coding a service of images for WAP phones. I have a problem, I'm starting first with the basics. I first make a site that loads a preview of the image (the image but very little) and then with a link button I hide some text and display the same image but larger. That works perfectly on a web browser...but when I try to access it through my cell phone, it doesn't make the change of images, it just does nothing. Why could this be? I'm associating the following code to my link button:

Private Sub link_button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles link_button1.Click
img_preview.Visible = False
lbl_preimage1.Visible = False
img_download.Visible = True
txt_download.Visible = True
link_button1.Visible = False
End Sub

As you can see, it's just hiding and showing images and textboxes. Why it doesn't work in my cell phone? What should I do to reload the page with the new settings?

I am guessing that the browser on your mobile device does not support client-side scripts (ie. Javascript/VBScript). Just for testing purpose, try using a normal Button instead of a Link Button (which requires client-side script to do post back) and see if it works.

bob01900 said:
I am guessing that the browser on your mobile device does not support client-side scripts (ie. Javascript/VBScript). Just for testing purpose, try using a normal Button instead of a Link Button (which requires client-side script to do post back) and see if it works.

Yes, in fact I though the same as you and changed my code to use a normal HTML Button with the same validation, but nothing happens anyway, it still does not work (only in my cell phone browser, it continues working in any other browser). Well.., any ideas?

Html buttons has to be 'run at server' in order to take events. The normal Button I was referring to is a Web Form Control button. But as long as you set your html button to 'run at server', it should be fine.

Can you check the html code generated by the button does not have client-side scripts (eg. no "onClick")?

Back