appdomain help

masshuu

Newcomer
I am currently working on a small project that includes scripting via c# or vb.net. This project will include several levels of scripting, with different access to methods, ie Menu rendering, ingame stuff, and an even deeper level, possibly for changing stuff like how maps are drawn, but not sure about it yet. Its intended to be used on a client(the project is an online game engine if your curious)

I already have the compiling down, since i will be cannibalizing code from a previous project(was one to play around with scripting if your wondering)
One issue i have is that i never really got far with appdomains. The most i got was that they can limit access between assemblys.

Right now im looking at trying to write my code in 4 or 5 dlls, and just refrence which ever dlls that type of script needs, but this creates a lot of issues.

Another set of issues is that because the scripting will be on a client, on many machines, security is also an issue, so i won't refrence any of the normal .net librarys(System.dll, etc), and as a result, i have needed to canabilise Monos Source to make a seperate dll full of basic things like Point, Color, etc.

Now my main point and question is, is there some way to use appdomains to not only limit the access to methods in the client a script can use, but let me refrence the normal net librarys, but disallow access to methods, or rather only specify certian classes and methods in those classes.

[edit]
i came across this:
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.InternalsVisibleTo()

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use that on methods, to make them visible to the assembles that the client compiles

Last edited:
Back