Any way to create ASP (3.0) project in ASP.NET?

Daspoo

Regular
Hi all. I have what could be a silly question to ask. I'm wondering if it's possible to create an ASP 3.0 project inside of ASP.NET? I know the question is a bit odd, but basically what I mean is this. I'd like to create the project in the .NET environment, but I'd like for it to be a simple ASP project - i.e., no code-behind page(s) - with all of the smart code (VBScript) inside of the .asp page...similar to what is done when developing ASP projects using Visual Interdev. The whole reason for this is to be able to use a product called SourceGear Vault as the configuration manager for the project as there will be several developers working on it simultaneously.

Am I approaching this issue correctly, or should I be spending my time attempting to make SourceGear Vault work with Interdev? From what I've heard and read, Vault and Interdev aren't exactly good friends. Does anyone have any experience/thoughts concerning the development of a classic ASP project within a .Net environment? Any ideas/help would be tremendous! Thanks in advance!

You can create a project in .net but have the pages as ASP.

After you create the project, in VS.Net, right click on the project name , properties, configuration properties and check "ASP Debugging"...

This way, you can even set debugger and debug your ASP pages.

Thanks for the help, guys. I knew what I was attempting to accomplish here would be odd. :p So, if I set things up in this manner, does anyone foresee any problems with compiling (for testing purposes), or even with the final compile/build to distribute the finished application? Again, thanks for the help.

Back