An attempt to liven things up a bit...

wyrd

Senior Contributor
Forums have been kind of dead so in an attemp to liven things up, I'm going to post my little project that I'm working on to help me get more familiar with the .NET framework.

What is it? A card game class library (yay). Right now it has all of the basic classes like Card, Deck, Player, Hand. The next step is to write an abstract Game class that can be inherited and created into BlackJack or Poker or whatever other card game. Then from those hopefully a GUI can easily be created either from the Game classes as an application in any .NET language. At least that's the goal.

Not much documentation yet either, just to warn whoever is taking a look. Although it's mostly self explanatory.

Feel free to comment. :)

I'm posting a reply only because you had this question in another thread. Regarding the enums.

I noticed that you created 2 files for them, you can create one file and place the class tags around both enums, maybe call it Enums. It won't need a constructor or anything. Then you can just Dim x as Enums or even Dim x as Enums.Suits.

I put them in their own files so they can be simply used as is with short useful names (ie; Suits.Spade or Faces.Ace). You can still do a Dim s As Suits or Dim f As Faces then s.Spade or f.Ace. If I put them in a class it would just add another name to access them (ie; Class.Suits.Spade rather then Suits.Spade).

.. or am I missing something? Sometimes I'm a bit slow so I may not see what you're saying clearly. :)

As Derek said 'You can do it either way',
I mentioned it because you didn't use the enums, so I thought maybe you had trouble accessing them.

Back