ADO deplayment problem

Stephanieb

Newcomer
Hi,

I made my (first ever) install pack using the package and deployment wizard. A friend tried to install it on XP (I have XP too). She installed the mysql driver by hand (just in case for now), and we made sure she had the correct MDAC installed (v 2.7). The install appears to go alright, but when running it it fails when on referenceing the ado.

Anybody got a clue?

Thanks!
Stephanie :)

here is the error she gets:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xd88 (3464), Thread id=0x67c(1660)

I know its failing on the first procedure where the ado is referenced, as I put in some messages that would tell her how far she got in the application.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Stephanie :)

Here was a situation I had. Installed everything and it looked great but could not access the database. Called Microsoft and after much searching they found an answer for me.

Look in the administrative tools section for .Net Configuration or something like that.... (.Net Security maybe... don't know on XP). Then look under the runtime security policy section. Expand the Machine and User tree boxes. Expand the code groups sections. Look at the permision set for All Code by right clicking and selecting properties. Set it to Full Trust if it is not already.

The problem pops up when you are not logged in as administrator when installing one or the other packages... the framework, Database Stuff or the application. Hope this helps.

Back