Accented characters in ASP.net w/ Access db

dmorin74

Newcomer
Pretty simple thing here. . . i've got an html page with a bunch of fields on it. WHen i submit it, i just want to save the fields to an access database. Everything works fine except if you have Accented characters, for example José, when it saves to Access, it drops the e, so im left with Jos. Im opening the access db with the OLEDB Jet driver, and issuing an Insert statement.

Im stumped, never ran into this before.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Dave in CT

A really complicated and slow solution would be to search for those accented characters via their ascii character codes

www.asciitable.com

and then append them back in somehow on the db side. But this assumes that you have unicode support in your db.

Not a very pleasant solution.

Actually, the problem seems to be in the transfer of data between the HTML for and the page that i POST to, when i post the data my ACTION page reads the text boxes on the HTML page using request.form(FieldName), it's at this point that the data already has missing accented characters. Is there some setting on the IIS server, or the web page that i have to set in order for it to pass me the accented characters as well??? Im stumped

Dave

Back