A Directx3D question (about 3ds max)

hxx

Newcomer
I have installed the directx 8.0 sdk,which has a code in the document of
"\DXSDK\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\SkinnedMesh"
run this program,you will see a person walking in the srceen;

I want to cteate a Animation with 3ds max,which has a biped(or bones) ,and a skin.
The skin can move in the 3ds max ,but export the file to .x ,and open it by the program of "SkinnedMesh",the skin coudn't move together with the biped,only one static mesh and a move biped.

How can I let the skin and the biped move together in the program like the one in the "SkinnedMesh"
(I most mean how can I build a model like the file "tiny.x",which in the document of "DXSDK\samples\Multimedia\Media" ,a person walk when you open it by the program of "SkinnedMesh")

ps:In the 3ds max,I only use "skin" in the Modifier List.

Both my english and 3ds max Knowledge are poor.
So,please ...detailly.

Last edited:
ThePentiumGuy said:
hey,

no offense, but i think you're better off asking this at: www.turbosquid.com or something, becuase they might have more people to help you out there :-) (not that this forum will not help you out, but .. a suggestion couldnt hurt :-p)

Thanks,I'll try it.

and I leave question here till I resolve it.

but,it seems that forum only talk about 3ds max,not include procedure...

Last edited:
hrm technically you can't do it directly. at least i haven't found a way to. if i'm not mistaken that's one of the goals of the "Panda DirectX Exporter" plugin for max. but i don't recall a current build doing it.

Menge said:
hrm technically you can't do it directly. at least i haven't found a way to. if i'm not mistaken that's one of the goals of the "Panda DirectX Exporter" plugin for max. but i don't recall a current build doing it.

I fond the plug you said
http://www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

export by this plug ,the skin can go with the biped now,but the skin a little out of shape.

I think there 'll be no problem,thanks very much .

3D Max Problems

All the animation exporters are based on the DirectX SDK Extras Download xexporter.

They use Physic not Skin to access the animation information. I had many errors thrown from it trying to access the information, causing Max to come to it's knees and crash. I spent alot of time trying to make it work and used many exporters.

In the end I moved to Maya, which has a much better animation engine. I used a program called deep exploration to change the max files into maya, animated them in no time and exported them no problems as .x files. Look for a post called Maya Problems for more info...

I got multianimation sets and many models working in C# along time ago, all thanks to Maya and a Japanesse Guy. My advice, forget Max, get Maya.

igotjunk said:
All the animation exporters are based on the DirectX SDK Extras Download xexporter.

They use Physic not Skin to access the animation information. I had many errors thrown from it trying to access the information, causing Max to come to it's knees and crash. I spent alot of time trying to make it work and used many exporters.

In the end I moved to Maya, which has a much better animation engine. I used a program called deep exploration to change the max files into maya, animated them in no time and exported them no problems as .x files. Look for a post called Maya Problems for more info...

I got multianimation sets and many models working in C# along time ago, all thanks to Maya and a Japanesse Guy. My advice, forget Max, get Maya.

Now I use Physic instead of Skin ,and it's ok.

I have studied Maya for one or two day,it's much more hard than 3dsmax.
I downed a exporter for Maya ,and export a animation with bone and skin,find it's also doesn't work,so I give up studing Maya,I don't know whether my plug's problem.

does Maya also have Physic?

Back