2 small Questions about Webcontrols / Data Binding

Zebi

Newcomer
Hi!
I just started with ASP.NET and at the moment I am trying all these amazing things ASP.NET is offering.
But I just encountered 2 problems.

I got a UserWebControl with a asp:PlaceHolder inside, to load an other UserWebControl into it.
I can adress it via this.PlaceHolderId but this is a bit unsatisfying because i include this Control multible times and want to address each of them indipendently. Something like this.WebControl.PlaceHolder but I didn't found a solution for this.

I was playing around with this Datagrid control.
After adding a datasource you are able to bind i.e. the Name of a LinkButton to an Database Entry.
Looks like this:
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("GUID") %>'
OnClick="LinkButton1_Click" Text='<%# Eval("Categorie") %>' CssClass='<%# Eval("Active") %>'></asp:LinkButton>
</ItemTemplate>

My problem is to "mix" i.e. the CssClass attribute like CssClass='Linktype<%# Eval("Categorie") %>'.
Everytime I use more than just the <%# Eval("Categorie") %> tag ALL content between ' ' is quoted for HTML, so that <%# Eval("Categorie") %> is printed out instead of interpreted.

I already searched the Internet for this problems and tried all yesterday evening long but found no solution.

Back